While I am aware that 2021 will not become magically “back to normal” (whatever the new normal is), I have hope that it will be better; that I will be able to visit friends and family. Hell, that I will make it to at least one convention in person. I’m enough of a realist to know that none of that might happen, but optimistic enough to believe some of it will.
In the meantime, I have projects scheduled for 2021. Here’s what’s known and forthcoming.
- Full edit of the 99 Tiny Terrors anthology.
- Full edit of The Reinvented Heart anthology (with Cat Rambo).
- Editorial novel edits for BattleTech: Crimson Night.
- Editorial novella edits for Shadowrun: See How She Runs.
- Alpha edits for original near future SF novella (this one has been waiting for a year).
- Proof audiobook for release.
- Freelance ebook proofing.
- After the contract is done, new Shadowrun novel.
- One contracted short story.
- Figure out the next original novel I’m going to write.
Most of the editing is scheduled for the first quarter of 2021. Most of the writing will be in the second and third quarters of the year. I think. This is the first year in a long time that I haven’t gone into it with a novel contract and a due date. I’m okay with this because of the two anthologies.
I guess, the short version is: I don’t really know everything I’m going to do in 2021. There are too many unknowns and “secret” possible projects in the air. And who knows about conventions. The ones I’m already going to for sure are all virtual.
I think I’m going to stick with this. This seems like a good plan to start with. Maybe I’ll update it in the second quarter of 2021.