My life is boring from the outside. All I can talk about is what I've edited or written. I'm in a groove of work and not much more right now. A number of projects are falling in my lap all at once.
I just finished the final edits of my Shadowrun novella, Doc Wagon 19. It's been officially accepted and all that. I also just turned in Never Let Me Sleep (Permuted Press), the first book of the Melissa Allen series, my YA SF-thriller where I kill a whole state in the first chapter. Today, I'm working on the page proofs of Shattered Shields and I know page proofs for Chicks Dig Gaming are on their way.
Now, I'm shifting to writing-writing-writing. I'm working on Chimera incarnate (Apocalypse Ink Productions), the final book in the Karen Wilson Chronicles. Then I will be all about Never Let Me Leave, which is Melissa Allen #2. I also have 3 short stories due by the end of the year. So, my days will be marked by word counts, revisions, and page proofs. It's boring from the outside but awesome for me. I'm busy but I'm happy.
Still to be released in 2014
- August, Doc Wagon 19 (Catalyst Game Labs)
- October, "Dreams of a Thousand Young," Jazz Age Cthulhu (Innsmouth Free Press)
- November, Shattered Shields (Baen Books)
- November, Chicks Dig Gaming (Mad Norwegian Press)
- December, "Written in the Wind," No True Way and Other Tales of Valdemar (DAW)
- December, Apocalypse Girl Dreaming (Evil Girlfriend Media) - Though, this may move to early 2015