Looks like insomnia and I are close friends these days. Instead of lying in bed and wishing I was asleep, I thought I’d give you a “State of the Jenn” post.
Had surgery. Started to recover. Got sick. Not surprising after two surgeries and a convention within three months. Recovered from being sick just in time to go to Westercon. It was a quiet convention but a convention nonetheless. Thus, it killed my productivity in my already running late schedule.
Now that the convention has been over for ten days, I feel like I’m starting to catch up. This catching up on has been on “actually late” stuff and not “Jenn’s idea of a schedule running late” stuff. I’m still behind but things are getting better.
- I should have Gruntz fiction off my plate by the end of the week.
- I should have the Coins of Chaos anthology stories read by the end of the weekend.
- I should have the Dangers Untold anthology off my plate by the beginning of next week.
- I should have the full draft of the Beast Within 3: Oceans Unleashed anthology done by mid-next week.
- I should be back on editing/writing the Battletech webseries by mid-next week. (This poor neglected project.)
- I should have the SFWA article on anthologies done by the end of the month.
I know it is a lot of “shoulds” but that’s where I’m at right now. I know what I’m doing with my schedule and I’m working hard to keep my future plate ‘empty’ as things drop off. I do have things that I’ve agreed to do that haven’t dropped yet. So, they don’t count. Hopefully by November I’ll be working on the second book of the YA series.
Though, right now, I really could use a massage. My whole upper back is one giant mass of pain. My neck and shoulders hurt all the time. I can’t tell if it is stress or if I did something stupid to myself and just didn’t realize it at the time. I’m seriously looking at getting a massage. I wince at the projected cost of such an endeavor but I really do hurt.
On the home front, we finally have a company who not only has looked at the siding, they’ve given us a nice, low estimate, and have scheduled to start early next week! I’m so excited. This means the exterior painting can go on as planned for early August. I’m very excited. The things that make homeowners happy.